Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something's terribly wrong is going on with Needles. :(
He is my first hedgehog and I adore him so much. Previously he had mites problems and bit himself but I took him to the vet. He's totally fine now, no dry skin, no quill loss, no scratching.
Recently, I noticed he's biting himself again! He's twitching and jumping around while biting his own chin/ neck area (he's a chubby boy). I was so scared and worried because I don't know how to stop the bleeding!

Why does he bite himself? And how to I stop him from biting himself again?
PLEASE HELP! <:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I insisted on using Revolution, but the vet just ignored me and injected 2nd dose of Ivermectin on July 2. He barely scratch at all now so I don't think mites are the problem. He only started to bite himself under his chin again on July 20. Is it because of the foot bath? I gave him a foot bath earlier that day because he had poopy feet, but I did dry him completely using a towel though. Now his bruises have some weird white and black/dark red coloration. I've been worried sick! I called the vet to ask for a solution... but she's obviously inexperience with hedgehogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.