Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my hedgehog is pretty sassy in general and I love all the personality she has but lately it's not cute.
Every time me or my boyfriend (hedgehog dad) takes her out she bites one or both of us. For example, we took her out for cuddle time last night and she was fine until my boyfriend put his feet on me. When she saw his foot she ran out of her blanket at the speed of light just to bite his foot. Another time she was digging on the couch beside me and randomly looked up at me and bit me on my hip.
My question is, what can we do about the biting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
When your hedgehog bites you shouldn't be too worried.
1. They can be biting because you smell like food.
Maybe you smell like food, don't worry. It's natural and that's how they express their curiosity.

2. They are exploring or trying to tell you something.
They do this if they are uncomfortable in any way.

This is normal. The best thing that you can do is NOT put them in their cage. They will realize that they will be alone if they do that and they will keep biting you. When they bite you, you can do these things.

3. Loud noises.
You can say no to them and since loud noises scare them, they will realize that this doesn't end that well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.