Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size bins do you use? I've been scouring the cage threads for at least an hour, but no one mentions what quart size their bins are. I'm a math idiot. I need to be hand-fed information. Lol!

TIA!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to go with one so I will keep searching. We're military, so as much as I want to do something elaborate or some sort of C&C Cage, it's just not easily moved. Considering the gliders and bird already have massive setups I'd like to keep the one for the hedgie fairly portable. One bin would be awesome because I could cut holes in the lid and on top of the bin and move the hedgie in his cage just like that when needed.

Thanks!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Immortalia said:
You JUST missed the earlier postings/probable sales on Christmas tree storage boxes

Though I wonder if you could still ask the employees at those stores and see if they still have some in the back somewhere.
That's ok. ^_^ Wal-Mart has the 90-quarts for CHEAP. Full price is fine with me, it's not like they're expensive or anything! Ha ha ha! You never know, maybe I'll get lucky. ;)

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
silvercat said:
I had used a jumbo clear one that had wheels (took those off). Sorry I don't remember the actual size. I do remember reading somewhere that you should aim for a minimum 4 sq feet of room for your hedgie to move around.
Yes I read that too. Having a hard time finding a list of their sizes and dimensions. LOL.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm confused since so many people use bins and yet no one knows [or will admit] how big they are and everyone is saying they're too small. :?:

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Immortalia said:
I think it's also because you are wanting one single bin. Most here use at least 2 connected/stacked bins.

Also, it may be a good idea to take measurements of igloo, wheel, food/water dishes, so you see how much room they would take away from the overall floorspace. Then when looking at the bins, it'd be easier to determine what's too small.
I saw several people using a single bin per hedgehog. I have no issue with doing something else if I have to, I was just pointing out that there are a lot of people who use single bins and yet no one can tell me what size they are and now people are saying they're too small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.