Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopefully getting a hedgehog in the near future (if I can find a breeder soon!) and am torn between which housing to get. In the summer and holidays I travel to my other home and don't want to have to leave the hedgie where it won't get much interaction while I'm gone, so I'd like to take it with me. Will the travel & switching environments be too stressful? It's only a 20/25 min car ride, but I don't want to stress him/her out.

For cages, I like the look of a C&C cage, but it would be a major hassle to tear it apart and put it back together every week. I was also thinking of hooking together two sterilite bins, which would fit into a vehicle easier. If I had the bins the hedgie wouldn't have to leave one home all the time to switch to another. Or, I could fork out some extra money and see about buying this: http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeI ... =270839883 but that would not be transportable at all and I'd have to see about ventilation in that...
Or maybe I should just buy something to have at both places? I'll be moving next summer, so I don't know how long it would need to be transported. Then again, I will have to come back and visit. :lol:

I need help! :lol:

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it were me....I would have a cage at each place. I wouldn't transport cages that often to and from locations. If you are looking at a c&c cage, you could build one at both places.

The cage that you have the link listed....I do not think that that would be a good cage. It looks to be lacking ventilation.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It all depends on your hedgie, some travel well, some can get car sick.

Make sure you have a safe carrier for him, and that the temperature is always within the safe range. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I built my 4 sq foot C&C cage for under $30....about $18 for the cubes at Target and about $10 for the coroplast. I don't think you'd so much need "stuff" for both cages, just the cage itself...stuff is easily transported =]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts