Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Currently my Pippa sleeps in her large igloo which seems to be working perfectly fine. I was wondering though, have y'all noticed that your hedgehogs like a different type of hideaway better? Is an igloo something they use in the long run, or only when they're smaller?

I hope this question makes sense. Her igloo is fine and she definitely seems to be enjoying it, but I just wanted to see if y'all had any hidden gems I haven't heard of yet!

·
Registered
306 Posts
My hedgehog used her igloo for the first few months I had her, and then she quit using it! We discovered she loves tunnels. I cut the bottom off an empty container of oatmeal (no sharp edges) and she loves it! I also bought a fabric ferret tunnel:

http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/s...es/all-living-things-ferret-tunnel-14431.html

and hook it to her C&C cage so that it lays flat on the ground but stays open. Hazel LOVES it, even if she doesn't always go inside the tunnel. She'll pull her fleece blanket over it and snuggle up. If I move or change anything, even for cleaning, she throws a fit! LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
It really depends on the hedgiequeen. I've had some that only would sleep in igloos, some that only slept in hedgie bags, one that would only sleep under one specific hedgie hat and some that would sleep anywhere. Just find what your hedgehog likes best and go with that. Oh and some that would only sleep under their liners too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts