Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been handing Marrow more and more now for the past couple days. But I have heard that some hedgies like to be sort of pet or very lightly scratched on their backs. (heard it all depends on your hedgie) But I was trying to get Marrow out of a ball so I decided to rub his back a little bit to see if he liked it. What I noticed was half of his body unrolled. What would probably be his waist down unrolled, while his waist towards his head stayed rolled up. I was quite curious.

Also, I don't know if someone asked this already, (sorry if someone has) but at about how many months would it be safe to start feeding Marrow dried mealworms for treats?

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whenever turbo is in his ball I rub his back and he half unrolls as well, then I pick him up from underneath and he fully unrolls, I saw the breeder do it to one of his to unroll her, I think it might help them relax? I think mine likes it though :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Hedgies are pretty ticklish and will unroll when you rub them between the shoulderblades on their back.

You can start feeding mealies now, just remember to do so in moderation since they are high in fat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.