Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my bins set up all next to each other, with uno in between two girls. He's been tearing up his cage every night and i bet its because he wants to get to the girls. Should I move him to the ground ?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
It's unlikely that is the reason. I've had boys above, below and surrounded by girls for years with no reaction. If you think that might be it, put him on the end so he'es only beside one girl. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idunno :( he never tore up his stuff before we changed to this new arrangement. He didnt liner dive or anything. Now, hes bunching up his liner and sleeping under it. :(

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Ditto what Nancy said. My boys have never had a problem being around girl smells. They sometimes get excited over it, but never really beyond some serious air-sniffing and running in circles. They all act the same at night.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Ditto to all of the above. The only time any of our boys react is sometimes if they're taken out right after girls and put into the playpen (especially if one of the girls has peed, haha), or sometimes if we don't wash our hands after handling a girl, one of our more girl-crazy males might be especially fidgety. When it comes to just housing them near each other in the same room, they might as well be on different continents.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has a wheel so yeah. He's not bored :(

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
Like already said its unlikely because of the girls around him. He just may not like the location of his cage for some unknown reason. Can you move his cage to a different location?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure I'll move him into my room for tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts