Hedgehog Central banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not know that hedgehogs can/ will eat their babies. I have found that the best place to find information is through experiences of other owners like on this website and hedgehog club.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great post and so true! :D

I especially love the ones that say they did months of research yet have no clue.
I completely agree with all the above points. I also have a horse, and the amount of people that will buy there needs 'cute ponies' and not understand that the cute pony literally eats money is incredible. But I just anted to say that I did a tone of research before got my first hedgehog, and then a tone before i bring my second one home on sunday!Knowldge and research into care changed a lot int his time. So yeh i did a ton of research and still felt confused about what to feed! And i'd hate to feel misjudged for this - so many different opinions, and its HARD!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a great post and I don't find it offensive at all. I am here to learn and likely it will be 2 years before I got my hedgehog maybe even 3! The reason being vet bills are expensive! And we have a house full already so I don't have space, so I am waiting for that space and while I preparing I will be reading up everything I can and I joined the forum to also learn and read from owners and I want to have as much money saved into my pet pot as possible for those little vet trips as I know they're going to be more expensive. One thing I didn't think about was finding a vet first but now I will so I'll add that to my list thank you :)

Also although no hog right now because my house is full of gerbils and hamsters and 75% of my pet family are from homes who didn't do their research and they've been stuck in tiny tiny cages with no enrichment which is so awful which is why I agree do the research and find what they need or don't get one. I don't have space is not a good enough reason for neglecting an animal imo!

141 - 143 of 143 Posts