Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend currently has bed bugs in his dorm room and we have both been experiencing itchy bites and such. I am worried that they might come back to my apartment and get to the hedgies. Does anyone know how they effect hedgehogs? I know they aren't carriers of anything, but I am still a little concerned.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Since bed bugs aren't microscopic I think they would probably get eaten. My hedgie has gone nuts over the occasional fruit fly. Bed bugs I suppose smell like fresh blood and would most likely be very appetizing to a hedgie. I could be wrong on this. A call to a vet might be the answer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes a lot of sense; Thanks Reaper!
I noticed a lack of flies, including fruit flies in my room (I keep my food in there) and that all makes sense. I sort of spaced on the fact that bed bugs are much bigger than something like mites, which we thought the bites on us might have originally been from. I made sure to check the girls for that and it wasn't that.
Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.