Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so a few of you know I have six hedgehogs. yes. Six. And all of us know that sometimes, even one hedgehog can occasionally make a smell that even the most tolerant of us can't abide.
Well, I found something that really really REALLY helps!
Wandering around on Etsy (I love that place!) I came across an odor eliminating candle and decided to give it a try.
The candle comes in a reasonable large size, has essentially NO scent, And not only does it WORK (!!!) it works without burning! Open the candle, (I did burn it once) and just leave it in your hedgie room. After just a little while, NO SMELL! (unless there is an active pooping going on)
Now, in all honesty, I don't know how long it will last. I figure once the room starts to get a bit whiff again, it will be time to buy a new candle. Until then though, it is working like a charm! (not surprising considering where I bought it)

Highly effective. Hedgie nose safe. Reasonably priced.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/204572...nishment-natural-blend?ref=shop_home_active_8

Also, the rest of her candles that I have bought have a lovely scent. The only thing that may be a drawback is that since she makes all of her candles by hand, you may need to wait a few weeks for delivery because your candle will need to be made, allowed to set and then can be sent. She won't send out shoddy work, considering her craft.
So, if your hedgehog room smells "like Satan's armpit", I highly suggest this wonderful candle!

·
Registered
125 Posts
If it stops working burn it for 15-20mins.
If you remove the top later of the candle it'll start to work again because it's esentially fresh wax underneath. Thanks for the link!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
There needs to be a warning on this, I almost snorted my cappuccino on my keyboard.

Satan's armpit indeed.
The hedgehog room smells fine, I was thinking of getting one for the bathroom that my DH uses. :lol:

Reactions: gracefulchaos01
1 - 8 of 8 Posts