Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Pinchita is now stinking just a bit and its not very pleasent lol. no1 can really notice but me but i think it has come down to the time for ...her full.. body.. bath..dom dom doooom *scary music* ;) just kidding hah.
the problem is that i am afraid she will be to cold even if i fully dry her.
also the bathroom i use to ussually bathe her is freezing and the warmest place in my house is my room which is quite small.( i keep it at 75-76 )
its really cold 4 fl. these days. to the point where the morning dew is SOLID icyness.
they say it will pass just in a few days in my area.
so i thought maybe i could wait a few days.
and hen bathe her.
i know its kind of silly that i ask but i just dont want her to catch a cold.sooo...
so should i wait? should i bathe her in my room? and how cuz i ussually use the tub?
im just afraid that if i even got her near the bathroom she would get cold.
i honestly dont know why its that cold...
also i need to clip her toe nails a bit on the front and she only likes to let me when shes in the bath. she lets me the bak tho. dunno why hehe

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
If the bathroom is cold, you can bath her in your room using a plastic basin or even a small bin. When I bath in winter, I always put a heating pad under their bed for a few hours afterward to make sure they don't get a chill while they are drying. :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
What do you use to heat her cage? If you have a space heater, you could leave it running inside the bathroom for a few minutes before giving her a bath to warm it up for the time being. That's what I usually end up doing, to make sure it is warm enough. Keep windows/doors shut to prevent drafts.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
When I give baths in the winter, I never do it if there is a storm happening or in the forecast for the night or if there will be a sudden drop in temperature. I don't want to risk the power going off and a hedgehog who just had a bath and may still be damp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts