Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, i've just bathed my new hedgie Henry for the first time, I used aveeno oil, and i think i put a little too much on and i put some directly on him instead of just in the water. He's a little greasy now but other than that he'll be okay won't he? It can't harm him or anything? Also how long shall i cuddle up to him before he'll be dry? Thank you!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,963 Posts
I usually kept Lily out for a couple hours after a bath, just to make sure. We also switched blankets a couple times, to get her away from damp spots.

The greasiness should hopefully go away after a couple days. Too much oil can actually be a problem. It can cause a yeast infection if the skin is too wet. I had it happen with Lily once. But you guys should be fine, just be careful about how much you use in the future. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
533 Posts
I accidentally did the same thing to Olive! I had a syringe of oil and I went to put just a couple drops on her problem areas and it shot out and I had a greased up hedgie for a couple day!!! I was so worried!!! She was just fine though. I did try to get as much off as I could without giving her another bath.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top