Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog Quilliam is seven weeks and four days old. I think he's got some purple Fresh World recycled paper bedding stuck in his quills, and I want to give him a bath. Is a bath safe for his age? And, since he's a baby hedgehog, he needs a lot of sleep the first month I bring him home, so he's always asleep, not giving me a lot time to give him free range, or anything. :( Even when he wakes up, he's always grumpy. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
And, since he's a baby hedgehog, he needs a lot of sleep the first month I bring him home, so he's always asleep, not giving me a lot time to give him free range, or anything. Even when he wakes up, he's always grumpy. Any advice?
Yes, he'll definitely be sleeping a lot at that age. Don't be surprised if all he does is eat sleep and poop. :lol: Is he losing any quills? If he is, that'd explain the grumpiness. Quilling and growing in new quills is very uncomfortable. Just make sure you handle him very gently and try to avoid petting or anything that might make him uncomfortable. In a few weeks or so he should be feeling better. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts