Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve got about a younger hedgehog
, I’m not sure her age but I think it’s around 4-5 months. There is so much information, controversies, forums, etc. about what you should feed your hog. I’ve got her on dry cat food and that’s all. I’m really trying to upgrade her diet though as I’m aware it’s not enough! Any help would be extremely appreciated! The food is Diamond Naturals Indoor Cat Chicken and Rice. I’m not even sure if that’s an ok food. I’ve really tried to research but it’s a bit overwhelming and I couldn’t find any straightforward answers!

·
Registered
Holly was 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,262 Posts
This is a great one to read through for making a good mix of biscuits and understand what to look for

You also want to make sure you have a good variety of insects. Crickets, calciworms, roaches, lotus, isopods are all great ones.
Mealworm, butter worms, morioworms and fruit grubs are all more treat insects and should be given in moderation.
Always make sure insects are for reptile feeding. You can buy the live and then freeze them if you don't want to live feed.

This forum is full of great help, theres a great list for meats, veg and fruit you can have a read of.
Cooked meats are a great addition to your little ones diets.

·
Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a great one to read through for making a good mix of biscuits and understand what to look for

You also want to make sure you have a good variety of insects. Crickets, calciworms, roaches, lotus, isopods are all great ones.
Mealworm, butter worms, morioworms and fruit grubs are all more treat insects and should be given in moderation.
Always make sure insects are for reptile feeding. You can buy the live and then freeze them if you don't want to live feed.

This forum is full of great help, theres a great list for meats, veg and fruit you can have a read of.
Cooked meats are a great addition to your little ones diets.
Thank you so much! This really does help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts