Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clu usually is fine with baths, he will try to run out of the sink but is unsuccessful, but he is usually fine after a bath, even tries to help dry off after! Today I gave him a bath like usual and when I did the rinse I added half a capsule of flax seed oil into his water because I read it was good for their skin. Hes so mad hes all balled up and refuses to unball and hiss at me. When I rub his back close to his bum he unballs a bit but keeps hissing. It worries me because he wont even go after meal worms and hes a junkie for them.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
There's probably something about the oil he didn't like. If he has dry skin, try Aveeno baby oatmeal wash instead, and add flaxseed oil to his food rather to his skin.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
In the future, you can try offering new products by putting a bit on your finger and offering it to him to sniff. This works with oils (flaxseed, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, and vitamin E oil are all hedgehog-safe), or soaps, or medications -- anything you're going to introduce him to! That way you won't be taken by surprise if a topical medication leads to him gnawing at the injury, or a post-bath oil will make him spazz! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts