Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winston's been with me for a few days now, and I'm naturally a little paranoid, so I've noticed this, and it has me worrying.

The breeder said he was starting to go through quilling (he's 6 and a half weeks old), so I was expecting little quills to fall out, and I can see a bunch of places where new ones are growing in (it looks SO PAINFUL!), but I'm a little concerned about how "bald" his back is when he balls up. He hasn't been scratching, and (as far as I know) the skin looks normal. Is it normal to have little bald spots during quilling? I have a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if it's 'normal' for everyone else but that's how Fae's back looked when she was that age. I noticed that her back began to fill out when she was about 8 weeks.

Anyhow, sorry I cant be more helpful than to say that it appeared to be normal for my hedgie, and she has a full back of the prickles now. :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Quigley's back looks that bare in some spots (has since we got him). It might be normal for some hedgehogs.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Looks normal for a baby. Some have sparser quill coats especially during quilling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts