Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Im not an expert at all but is it possible it is the food you were feeding him? Does he look bloated or anything? When egon was not eating I rubbed some of the food on his mouth a bit and when he balled up I kept it on top of him. He eventually ate it and started his eating routine again. Like I said, I don't know much about these little guys. Your best bet if to find a vet in the area that specializes in exotics. If you don't know of any ask your local vet for a recommendation ...honestly seems like he has some blockage to me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I cannot believe they didn't notice something the first time. That kind of angers me. If not seen anything they should have suspected something. In any case, I hope he pulls through his surgery and recovers well!

=)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would have questioned the vet in this case. The first time you bring him they don't find blockage. The second time you bring him they find blockage. The third time they actually look inside there is no blockage. Whats the deal with that?

I am very sorry about your hedgie. This is the hardest part about owning a pet. We are all going to have to go through this eventually. =/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts