Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are hedgies supposed to lose baby teeth? Shelby 9 months old and still hasn't lost a tooth yet. She doesn't seem to have any sore teeth either, because she's eating fine.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'm assuming you wouldn't notice lost hedgehog teeth. They are so small.

Young puppies when they lose their teeth often swallow them. I'm going to assume that hedgehogs are the same way and you wouldn't notice any lost teeth.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I don't recall noticing any of Lily's baby teeth either. Though I was also using kiln-dried pine bedding for most of her baby months, so that probably didn't help. :roll: I didn't find this forum soon enough!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't recall noticing any of Lily's baby teeth either. Though I was also using kiln-dried pine bedding for most of her baby months, so that probably didn't help. :roll: I didn't find this forum soon enough!
Zomg, I know, right? and I found it just a week or so after the babes were born? where was it when I was researching BEFORE we got Sebastian?
~sigh~ whatnot

I have no recollection of finding any baby teeth in any of my babes cages over the past few months and I guarantee you they all have their adult teeth at this point. my bleeding fingers testify to that :) My kids are all just under 6 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts