Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) when dooes a baby hedgie start sleeping less?
my 10 week old hedgie sleeps from 6am-2:30 the next day. so hes up from 2:30am-6:30am. the person whom i got him from stated his schedule was he got up at 7pm... i pick him up from sleeping at 7pm, and he just goes back to sleep.
2.) when do i clip the nails?
can anybody show me a pic of what nails look like when they need to be cut?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
There is no set time when hedgies "start to sleep less". Gradually at their own pace they'll start staying up longer.

You can trim nails anytime. There are lots of threads with people asking about where to cut. Do a search to find them.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Probably the person you got him from, got him up at 7. The majority of hedgehogs left to get up on their own, won't get up until it is completely dark and quiet but they all get up a different times. Some are up the second the lights go off, others middle of the night, and some are late risers preferring to wait until 3 or 4 am.

Most people get their hedgehog up in the evening and doing it at a set time each evening gets them used to a schedule. Regardless if he goes back to sleep when you get him up, you still have him on you and he will get used to getting up in the evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts