Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. I have a seven week old hedgie baby, the love of my life, and he only seems to drink a little bit at night. He never drinks during the day or during feeding time. I am concerned that he is not getting enough hydration and I wanted to ask experienced hedgie owners how much water my baby should be drinking and what to do if he's not drinking enough. Please help! Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had him for a week. He'll drink a little from the dish at night, he knows what its for. I just gave him a little water from a syringe and that worked out alright. Any idea how much he should be drinking? He's six/seven ounces. He eats plenty, just doesn't drink much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for the advice...this is why I wanted to know how much a seven ounce babe should be drinking. He does urinated a couple of times a day, that is a relief, but it is a dark yellow, like a human's when they are dehydrated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.