Hedgehog Central banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
I'm glad the surrogate took to her.

Don't beat yourself up over this, it's not your fault at all, it's the breeders.

Keep us updated on Chowder's progress. I can't wait to see pictures of her all grown up!

· Registered
467 Posts
Awwwww........that's a cute picture. I'm glad the new mommy accepted her and is taking good care of Chowder. Keep us up to date on Chowder, and the status of the [email protected]$$ breeder that sold her to you at 2 weeks old. Hold your head up high! You've done the right thing.

I also saw this posting on craigslist, and I think it's a great idea to warn to neighbors in Dallas/Ft Worth area: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pet/830217692.html

Pixie

· Registered
28 Posts
I think little Chowder is just lucky that such a responsible person took her home, and was able to take the actions to make sure she was healthy and well cared for! You should be proud for reacting well, and glad that you were the one to take her home. I hope she's doing well with her foster mommy, and that she'll be back with you soon!

For comparisons sake, my Sophie was actually about six weeks old when I got her (she was weened early, also by a foster mom, according to my breeder), and she looks much older than your baby! The picture of her in my profile is from the day I took her home.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update on Chowder.
Frisco animal Control is building a case against the breeder I got Chowder from and I expect him to be taken to court.
Chowder is doing great. She is getting fur, her eyes have opened and she has teeth. Her color has become more pronounced and surprise she is a pinto. She will be coming home in two to three weeks.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I'm so glad Chowder is doing well! Good luck with getting that horrid backyard breeder down. :D

· Registered
7 Posts
aww that's so great! i'm really happy actions are being taken against the breeder. that's just not right, and anybody with common sense should know that if a baby doesn't even have fur or it's eyes open, it's not ready to leave the mom!

she's adorable, by the way!

· Registered
44 Posts
The Breeder I am getting my heggie from is Amanda, the breeder who's heggie mommy is fostering your little one. That's so cool. When I spoke to her on the phone she told me of the bad breeder and that they were fostering a baby he had sold. They even have it posted somewhere on their site not to buy from the guy... Well, seeing that I will be getting my first hedgehog from her, I am glad to hear of your approval :D

· Registered
48 Posts
I spoke to Amanda when I was looking for a hedgie, she is a great person and I was going to get my first hedgie from her. (Then I found someone giving away Patrick and I felt like he needed me).

Anyway I'm glad to hear Chowder is doing so well!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.