Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should be getting my hedgie tomorrow or monday she is 9 weeks old. what can i put in her cage for her to play with at that age?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Some hedgie favs of my little guy are his wheel, toliet paper tubes (cut down the middle with the ends rounded so no eye pokes or getting caught), a braided fleece toy I made with scraps that I find in very cute places all over the cage and a dig box (made out of a Kleenex box with little pieces of fleece in there to dig around) :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
cardboard egg carton (half doxen on or a full dozen cut in half along the width)

·
Registered
174 Posts
When I first brought Pixel home, I gave her a Flying Saucer wheel, a house, a ball, and a TP tube split in half. When she outgrew the tube, I gave her a bigger one from a vinyl tube, and some cat balls with a bell in it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hedgieonboard said:
Some hedgie favs of my little guy are his wheel, toliet paper tubes (cut down the middle with the ends rounded so no eye pokes or getting caught), a braided fleece toy I made with scraps that I find in very cute places all over the cage and a dig box (made out of a Kleenex box with little pieces of fleece in there to dig around) :)
oh, Sweetie will have to get a dig box too. :)

he's completely disinterested in the flying saucer wheel though.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I made a variation of the dig box using my Kashi's snuggle sack because I'm a little tight on room in my cage at the moment. I took her snuggle sack and stuffed that with fleece :) He loves burrowing so he'll burrow and make a comfy/cozy spot for himself to sleep in and go to sleep there. Sometimes he'll also take the fleece strips out and put them in his PVC pipe so that it acts as a kind of bedding when he feels like sleeping in there instead :lol:

I also have a tinkling cat ball that Kashi pushes around his cage + his wheel :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
jingling balls won't work if you sleep in the room where your hedgie is. Sweetie has a simple silent ball (ping pong balls were too light for him, i.e., it was not fun for him to push them around with his nose), a small teddy bear (hedgies like soft things), a pink ducky for bathing, and a felt hat that he absolutely adores.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It just takes some getting used to your hedgie and what he/she likes :) But small cat toys that don't have any slits in them or anything that they can get caught on work, and I definitely recommend a dig box so that they can have their privacy when they sleep (and babies sleep a LOT) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts