Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around a week ago one of my baby hoglets (5 weeks old) was accidentally pushed by mom off a ledge. Now, we noticed that he isn't using his back legs! Is there any way to treat this? We were planning to sell him soon but he is possibly disabled now and I don't know what to do.

Is there any way I can help him heal or use his legs again? Im debating on going to the vet since it is expensive but I don't want a hedgehog to have an uncomfortable life and have no one who wants to buy him

Plant Wood Tree Landscape Grass

Thank you! ❤
P.S, he has no sign in being in pain. At the moment, he's moving himself okay, besides the fact that he isn't using his legs.

·
Registered
My hedgehog is called Hoggle
82 Posts
Around a week ago one of my baby hoglets (5 weeks old) was accidentally pushed by mom off a ledge. Now, we noticed that he isn't using his back legs! Is there any way to treat this? We were planning to sell him soon but he is possibly disabled now and I don't know what to do.

Is there any way I can help him heal or use his legs again? Im debating on going to the vet since it is expensive but I don't want a hedgehog to have an uncomfortable life and have no one who wants to buy him

View attachment 96374

Thank you! ❤
P.S, he has no sign in being in pain. At the moment, he's moving himself okay, besides the fact that he isn't using his legs.
You should go to the vet as being prey animals, hedgehogs are great at hiding illness and pain til it's too late and it needs to be seen to before the little one becomes permanently disabled as a result of this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts