Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my hedgie for about 3 weeks now, and finally got a good look at her running tonight! (Just enough ambient light). I have a flying saucer wheel and I now see that when she runs one direction, she does pretty well, but when she runs the other direction, she tends to slip off the wheel a lot and move left to right quite a bit (perpendicular to the running direction). I didn't know why the paper towel liner was always pulled back in one place every night, but now I see it is because her little feet slip off and pull it back. Is this a normal thing? Will this awkward running pattern go away with practice? Should I be worried about injuries?

I decided to buy the flying saucer because of what I had read about it being quieter (she lives in my room), so I'm hoping the weird running surface isn't a risk.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I wonder if it's just like a left-handed vs right-handed type thing. I used to roller blade when I was little (oh those were the good old days) and I always had trouble going in circles to the left but it was easy going to go to the right because that's my dominant side. I wouldn't worry about it. If she keeps trying to run that direction she'll get better with practice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts