Hedgehog Central banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hedgehog's Name: Loki
Weight in grams: 490g!! He's a big guy.
Age in below picture: 7 months old
Notes on activity level, health, etc: I'm slowly taking him off his kitten food... I think I might have left him too long on it, so he's a little chubby. He's an explorer and loves to run around, but has his days where he just wants to cuddle. His shape really changes whether or not he's stretching so here's many pictures :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Name: Thorne
Weight: 323 grams
Notes: Thorne runs every night. He lived in a little 10 gal terarrium when I bought him from the pet shop, so he didn't move around much. Now that he has run on his wheel and has 8 sq. feet to walk around, his agility and reflexes have really improved over the few months I've had him.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hedgehog's Name: Remy

Weight in Grams: 274.4 grams

Age in Below Picture: 7 Weeks

Notes: love to snuggle, loves her wheel, loves to burrow herself in her igloo. Prefers the temp on the lower 70's side. Very attached to me already and she is super sweet. Currently eating Purina One Healthy Kitten Chow

Wood Rectangle Art Cloud Tree

·
Registered
14 Posts
Name: Pompi
Weight: 306-308g
Note(s): Made him a DIY wheel and runs like crazy most of the night. Likes sprinting down the hallways and drifting. Can't stay put more than a second except when he sleeps in his snuggle bag or when he is grumpy. Trying to provide a balanced diet (>30% protein, 15% max fat, still working on fibers) by mixing different cat foods and supplementing with insects for fibers. Doesn't eat any fruit or vegetable that I have tried until now, tolerates tuna/egg. Eats quite a lot overall.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hedgehog's Name: STELLAAAA!!/ My Puff/ Little Baked Potato
Weight in grams: 415g
Age in below picture: A year and a bit.
Notes on activity level, health, etc: Was very teeny tiny littlw thing when I got her and ran all day everyday and wouldnt put weight on. Very picky eater will only eat mealies and her one specific kibble. Has gained wieght in the last two months and has become a lazy butt in terms of her wheel, though she is always burrowing and digging around.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hedgehog's Name: Bella
Weight in grams: 345g
Age in below picture: Year and a half roughly
Notes on activity level, health, etc: LOVES HER WHEEL. Threw a temper tantrum if wheel is not availible or clean, and I mean trashes the cages, dumps her water, kicks up litter, moved the litter pan and would not eat. Also a very picky staple eater. Only likes chicken flavoured cat patè, treats and veggies hates all kibble. Very hard time putting on wieght, but used to be very overweight.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Name: Poppy
Weight: 290 grams
Notes: very snuggly, loves to burrow, not a big fan of mealworms but loves her kibble and chicken, not big on wheeling but still does it nightly, rarely huffs, NEVER is in a ball, not your typical hedgehog personality

I will insert a picture later when I get her out for playtime. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hedgehog's Name: Wednesday
Weight in grams: 224 grams
Age in below picture: Almost 5 months old
Notes on activity level, health, etc: She sleeps a lot. Likes her wheel and runs on it every night for at least 3 hours. Also falls asleep on it :) She loves apples but refuses to eat live worms - dried ones are her favorite. Canned crickets are nothing special either.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts

Pi (Female)
268g at 8 Weeks, 2 Days, First day home :smile:
(Sorry if this came through as multiple messages, had some issues with the thumbnail- turns out I'm more PC illiterate than I thought!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Name: ZoZo
Weight: 310 Grams
Notes:
-Had a good upbringing from a trusted hedgehog breeder
-Runs every night
-Very enthusiastic about eating meal worms

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name: Biscotti
Weight: 374 grams
Notes: She is the laziest creature I've ever seen, definitely a cuddle bug. She eats very little (maybe 15 pieces of Wysong Vitality cat food and about a half tablespoon of dried mealworms total in a day) unless I'm giving her live superworms. Then she will eat them until she is ready to bust (I don't let her have more than 3 a day, but when I first got her, my kids fed her something like 11 before she turned up her nose at them. She was about 4 months old at the time.) I make her leave her sleeping pouch to play, but she doesn't like to be active for more than about 30-45 minutes at a time before she's trying to go back to sleep.
Photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...338804.-2207520000.1521766792.&type=3&theater

·
Registered
32 Posts
Name: Penny
Weight: 300g
Seems very healthy. Eats a fruits, veggies, eggs/meats and cat food as a part of her regular diet and crickets and meal worms as treats. Runs on her wheel a ton during the night and also digs in her dig box and plays with her toys. She drink lots of water and eats a good amount of food.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Name: Chestnut
Weight: 265g
Notes: Was a bit underweight when I got her, doubled in size in about a month. Avid runner, loves mealies, doesn't seem to enjoy crickets too much but eats them for me anyway. Great snuggler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi not sure this is correct topic but I thought I would try. We have three hogs....two are parents and one baby born last year. We keep them separated and have never been able to tell sex of baby. How do you tell if it is a female or male? Can females be together?

101 - 120 of 122 Posts