Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom bought some cat treats that she thought I might be able to give Lily for treats. I just wanted to check and see if they'd be safe for her, or if I should stick with the normal treats of fruit, baby food, and mealies.

Purina Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments, Chicken Flavor
Protein: 23%
Fat: 8%
Fiber: 3%
Moisture: 30%

Ingredients: Animal digest, wheat flour, corn gluten meal, water, chicken by-product meal, wheat gluten, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (Vitamin E), glycerin, brewers dried yeast, gelatin, calcium sulfate, phosphoric acid, added color, soy protein isolate, salt, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, potassium phosphate, sorbic acid, citrus fiber, propionic acid, fish oil, seafood flavor, ethoxyquin, cheese flavor

·
Registered
581 Posts
We feed them OCCASIONALLY, but have since found another treat that we like to give her. It is Catswell VitaKitty: Helps Maintain Eyes Skin & Coat Chicken Breast

crude protein 55% (min)
crude fat 2% (min)
crude fat 5% (max)
crude fiber 4.8% (max)
moisture 27% (max)
vitamin E 5i.u./kg (min)
vitamin A 50i.u./kg (min)
omega-3 fatty acids 0.05% (min)

Chicken Breast, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate

We only give them to her when she is out and only 1 every couple of days because of the high protein content, but they sound pretty healthy for her and they even have flaxseed oil in them to help with dry skin. We got them at petco for around 3 dollars for 2 oz pkg.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I was just going over some of the stickies, so that I can print them out and put them in Lily's folder, and realized that one of the ingredients in the treats (my treats), ethoxyquin was on the toxic foods list. :? :shock: So....guess my kitty will be getting these treats instead. I'll check out the ones you mentioned, though. :)

Edit: Yeah, I just saw that. Thanks for your answer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts