Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again. My son bought some other items when his grandmother took him hedgehog supply shopping. I was looking acouple items over and I'm not sure they are safe for our future hedgehog. Please let me know.

If the litter shouldn't be used please let me know what kind you guys use and like.

As for the toy ball I just need to know if that's safe. I don't think so bc of the holes, am I right?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I wouldn't use the litter, personally. If I remember correctly, it's rather pricey for the amount you get, and I don't like using small particle litters due to risk of getting caught in their genitals. It's a bigger risk with males, but still. I just use fleece pads or paper towels as litter. If you want a loose option, Yesterday's News is a popular one, and you can get it in large bags in the cat litter section.

And you're right, I wouldn't put the ball in the cage due to the holes. Though you could probably use it as a supervised toy if you want - it could be a risk for getting stuck if hedgie were to bite it, but you can take it away if you see any sign of that while supervising, and it's not likely to cut their mouth like the plastic cat balls that have holes in them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts