Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The example of the cat is a bit extreme silvercat but I understand why you would be frustrated with your friend/ the whole situation.

I agree with the thought though. Hedgehogs can get sick and if they do they may require syringe feeding, and/or syringing meds multiple times a day. They may require an even higher temperature than they do normally and their cage may need to be cleaned more often. I've been luck and have never had to deal with a sick hedgehog but I've read the stories on here about people dealing with everything from surprise litters, injuries from falling, burns, and digestive upsets.

Another thing to consider is who will look after the hedgehog if you go on vaccation. I thought that I had friends and family that would be willing to pet sit for me when I got Quigley. When it came time to find someone to look after him for a week there were surprisingly limited options.

Finally there is no guarantee what your hedgehog's temperament will be. You will have to be prepared to love and care for, a snuggler, an explorer, a sea urchin, or a biter.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
krbshappy71 said:
Finally there is no guarantee what your hedgehog's temperament will be. You will have to be prepared to love and care for, a snuggler, an explorer, a sea urchin, or a biter.
Oh my goodness I want this in my signature! Or in yours! That is a great piece of advice
Thank you. I don't have a problem if you want to quote it in your signature. I think I got it from else where on the forum (or it's a combination of things that have been mentioned). I think it was Nancy that called them sea urchins the first time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.