Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've had a Hedgehog before but He was 6 Months Old on The 29TH I'm getting a 6 Week Old Girl Hedgehog Any Tips on What to Feed Them or if it's any Different Than Taking Care of a 6 Month old Hedgehog???? and One More Thing is it Okay to Feed Her EXOTIC NUTRITION'S Hedgehog Food??? the Foods I have are " HEDGEHOG COMPLETE and INSECTIVORE-FARE " and if that's Not Okay Can Someone Recommend Some Really Good Stuff???? Someone Please Reply Soon Thank You :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Anyone Know How To Take Really Care of a 6 Week old Hedgie??

srry i can only help with the food!!!
heres the lists!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

hope this helps good luck with ur little one<3 :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

hedgieluver said:
srry i can only help with the food!!!
heres the lists!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15

hope this helps good luck with ur little one<3 :D
Okay got it I'll be Sure to Check it Out Anything for my New Hedgie To Be Happy and Healthy :mrgreen: !!!

Thanks :D and I Can Hardly Wait to Meet and Bring Home my New Friend Kairi Mckayla :D :D :D I already Found a Name For Her :D YAY :mrgreen:

P.S

I Do Know alot about Hedgehogs!!! I Just Want to Make Sure I Don't do Something that Might Hurt Her instead of Help Her!!! You Know Just Being cautious so taht she stays Gret and Healthy and Lives a LONG.............AND..................HAPPY..................LIFE........With Me :D :D :D

and Thanks Again :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
273 Posts

yea thats our main goal as hedgie owner/ potential owners :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts

Hey glad u posted :D
This is a good site and the people on here will help all they can :D
Still going to meet friday?
Soon as i get done with supper i will be posting some new pics for U :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts

G-White950 said:
Okay I've had a Hedgehog before but He was 6 Months Old on The 29TH I'm getting a 6 Week Old Girl Hedgehog Any Tips on What to Feed Them or if it's any Different Than Taking Care of a 6 Month old Hedgehog???? and One More Thing is it Okay to Feed Her EXOTIC NUTRITION'S Hedgehog Food??? the Foods I have are " HEDGEHOG COMPLETE and INSECTIVORE-FARE " and if that's Not Okay Can Someone Recommend Some Really Good Stuff???? Someone Please Reply Soon Thank You :)
I will send her home with enough food to last a month :D
Your hedgie has been eating a blend of 3 high quaility cat foods
1.Wellness Healthy Weight
2.Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul Light Formula
3.Authority Adult Weight Management
I buy a small bag of each and mix em all up will last along time
The cat food is the main staple of a good diet but i also feed fruits,veggies,
boiled eggs and boiled chicken a few times a week.
I also feed 1 live mealworm a day..U can also buy them freeze-dried.
Hedgies also will eat crickets and they have less fat than a mealie.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts

I'm not sure which brand the Insectivore-Fare is from, but you might need to consider taking that out. There's a list on here of hedgehog foods, which ones are safe and which are not. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45 . Hedgehog Complete is listed on the "okay" list, but you may want to add at least one, maybe two good quality cat foods from the list that hedgieluver posted. Most people prefer to feed a mix of a couple of cat foods, and maybe a hedgehog food. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

LarryT said:
Hey glad u posted :D
This is a good site and the people on here will help all they can :D
Still going to meet friday?
Soon as get done with supper i will be posting some new pics for U :D
Yeah it is a Great Site :mrgreen: Thanks For telling Me about it :D
Yes We are :D I'm Still Not Sure What Time :? I'll Make Sure to Ask my Mom Tonight!!!
Thanks :mrgreen: Oh! By The Way I Think The Hoglets Are Beautiful :D and I Already Love My Hoglet :D Even Tho I Haven't Met Her Yet :lol: and Gizmo and Mystique and Wanda and Storm are all Beautiful Hedgehogs Too :mrgreen: Gizmo and Mystique Are So CUTE :D Oh and I Picked Out a Name for My Hoglet Already :mrgreen: The Name I Picked Out Is Kairi Mckayla :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LarryT said:
Love that name :D
" Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts 2 " and The Name Mckayla Came To Me Randomly While I Was in Church A Week and a Half ago :mrgreen: I'm So Excited about Kairi Mckayla :mrgreen: I Love Your Hedgehogs So Much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
594 Posts
G-White950 congratulations on the new baby girl!! She is a beauty! :D
And that's a very pretty name!

Larry they are all beautiful! :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Shelbys Mom said:

Larry they are all beautiful! :D
Thanks Shelbys Mom :D
Didn't get any pics of Isabellas baby girl..Isabella took her home today and named her MAYHEM :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shelbys Mom said:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Mayhem?! that's cute!! :lol:
I still haven't gave my baby a name yet. I just call her baby. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LarryT said:
Thanks Shelbys Mom :D
Didn't get any pics of Isabellas baby girl..Isabella took her home today and named her MAYHEM :lol:
Hey Larry This is kindaFunny But My First Hedgehog's Name Was " Sonic Mayhem " and I Have alot of Pictures of Him on my PC!!! But it's Kinda Funny How Isabella Named Her Hedgehog Mayhem and my Hedgehog's Name was Sonic Mayhem :lol: I mostly Called Him Mayhem :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's some Pictures of My Hedgehog Sonic Mayhem Who Passed on This Year

[attachment=2:15u8yr7a]s735208137_1275947_6604.jpg[/attachment:15u8yr7a]
[attachment=1:15u8yr7a]s735208137_1275951_7673.jpg[/attachment:15u8yr7a]
[attachment=0:15u8yr7a]s735208137_1275850_7617.jpg[/attachment:15u8yr7a]

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Awww! I love the second "skateboarder" pic! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shelbys Mom said:
Awww! I love the second "skateboarder" pic! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay I'm Gonna Post Some More Pics of Sonic Mayhem :D and if anyone Wants to Know What Happened To Sonic Mayhem He Died :cry: Because of Vitakraft :( Vitakraft Took away my Best Friend :cry: I Didn't Know The Food Could kill My Little Sonic Mayhem :cry: I Studied and Look Up Everything about Hedgehogs For Two Years Before I ever Got Sonic Mayhem and it took 3 years For Me to Even Get Sonic Mayhem My Heart Way So Broken When He Died on Valentines Day This Year the Same Month As My B-Day :cry: and I'm Still Heart Broken I loved Him Alot He Loved to Listen to Music With Me while I Was on my PC and to Watch T.V his Favorite was Show Was Sonic The Hedgehog :D and I did Look up What Food to Feed Him and Everything I looked at Didn't say Anything about Vitakraft Hedgehog Food Being Toxic To Hedgehogs and after I found out What He Died From I Looked Vitakraft on Google to see if they had website and They Do But on They're Website it Said Nothing at All About Making Hedgehog Food it had everything Else they Make Food For But Not The Hedgehog Food :x so now I Made a Cause on Facebook.com to Try and Save Hedgehogs From Vitakraft My Cause is Called " The Fight To Save Hedgehogs From Vitakraft Hedgehog Food " If You Have a Facebook Account Can You Please Join it :p

Okay well That's The Story of How My Little Sonic Mayhem Passed on :( I Still Miss Him Alot :cry:

But at least I'm Getting Kairi Mckayla Tomorrow :D Which I'm Super Happy about :mrgreen:

okay I'm Gonna Put Up The Other Pics of Sonic Mayhem Now!!!

[attachment=2:2nngq80y]s735208137_1275952_7944.jpg[/attachment:2nngq80y]
[attachment=1:2nngq80y]s735208137_1275956_9019.jpg[/attachment:2nngq80y]
[attachment=0:2nngq80y]s735208137_1275950_7409.jpg[/attachment:2nngq80y]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts