Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've browsed the Toy List about a hundred times, and I've tried to get Spiff to play with any and all of the toys. For some reason, he doesn't seem to like it at all! :( I know some hedgies aren't playful, but I've seen him with a paper bag, and I think that he really is the playful kind. My problem is, he doesn't like any of the toys and I'm worried he might be bored. :/ Do any of you have suggestions for stimulating or out of the ordinary toys?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
You may have tried this but one my guy likes is a kleenex box with fleece strips in it. He would play so much I'd find him sleeping in it cause he wore himself out. I just cut the one end the tissues come out of all the way off so he fits better. You can hide treats in it too if you want. I have a braided fleece knoted on each end and if you hold on to it a lot it will smell like you and they will carry it around sometimes and you'll find it in funny places lol :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Lots of people use those plastic easter egg things (the hollow kind that open). If he has a favourite treat you can hid it in the easter egg and leave it open a crack or you can take it apart completely and hide treats under the egg halves. I've recently been hiding about half of Quigley's dinner under them around the cage. Also Quigley really loves cardboard egg cartons I open it and put it upside down it makes a nice tunnel to crawl through or sleep under. He will also walk around with a half dozen egg carton on his back. Occasionally he flips it over and sits on top of it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ooo I'm going to try the egg carton. Sylvie loves paper bags, kleenex boxes & she has a wide pipe (kind of like a plumbing pipe) that she runs through. Also a ceramic pot that she likes digging at. The other day I braided some fleece & then rubbed the end in her mealies. She played with that for a little too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts