Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my hedgehogs gets filthy every night. She poops on her wheel constantly, and somehow ends up covered in poo! My other girl, is very clean. She never needs foot baths or anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping my other one clean? She needs a full bath like everyday because she gets COVERED head to toe... I use comfort wheels, and hers always gets caked in poop, on the bottom and sides. Its Gross! lol. I don't want to have to constantly give her baths because her skin is already very dry. Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Hmmm, I'm not really sure what you can do to keep her clean, as she'll always poop while running on her wheel, and it's highly likely that the poop is falling onto her back from the wheel while she's running.

This was the main reason why I had bought a flying saucer wheel. The wheel never moves above the hedgie, so the poop doesn't fall onto their backs. But, it also takes up more room than the normal wheels.

That's the only real suggestion that I can think of, as they have to have their wheels to run on every night, and I think that'd be the main reason she ends up covered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts