Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby boy Charlie came home with me last night! He is going through some quilling and on top of that he is in a new environment and I want him to feel comfortable and safe. Last night he ate most of his dinner and was on his wheel like crazy and playing with his toys. Then he made quite the burrow in his bed area. I have the heat up in my room as well as a heat lamp on his cage. thermometer in cage reads about 25.6 Celsius. He went to sleep around 5am, or that is when the noise stopped, and at 7am I turned on a lamp for the little guy for daylight hours while I slept more.

Early this morning he was in his snuggle bag in my lap in the warm room and came out to explore a little but was still understandably quite grumpy and spooked easily. I was told that letting him sleep in his bag or in my sweater with my warmth and smell will help him to associate the smell with safety. When I was typing this he heard the keyboard and got curious and started climbing everywhere.

Does anyone have any bonding tips or tips on when I should start bonding?
Should I also be leaving him alone for a few days so he can smell things and get used to his new cage?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You are already starting the bonding process! LOL
Try to keep it around the same time every evening, half an hour minimum

Just do exactly hat you are doing. If you want, you can put an old t-shirt with your smell on it in his sleeping area. I didn't do it but many people say it helps them get familiar with it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts