Hedgehog Central banner

Anxious Hedgehog

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Millie's mommy 
#1 ·
Waffles is 9 Months old, going on a year. I got her used to me after having her for 7 months, but a few weeks ago we went on a vacation and I was not able to take her with us. We made sure she had proper care and everything, but ever since we got back, she is not as social. I still get her out every day and let her play outside the cage, but she does not run around as much and curls up into her little ball very often. I try to cuddle with her and hold her while she's in her bonding back, but when she hears the smallest noise or movement (such as a door creaking or me moving my hand) she gets all nervous and curls up for what feels like 10 minutes. Any tips to socialize her a bit more? Thanks.

#2 ·
Whenever I go on a trip my hedgehog does almost the exact same thing but I just keep holding her for over an hour every day and snuggle her and make sure shes not cold and after a week or two she goes back to normal. It's so weird its almost like shes mad at me for leavening her behind. I try and take her with me as often as I can. I hope shes ok and that every thing goes well keep us updated. I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.