Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my hedgehog turned one year old yesterday :)

My problem is very strange. I got her a CWS wheel a few months ago, and she uses it pretty religiously. However, in the past week or so, she hasn't set foot on it. I'm not even sure she's running around at night, either. I know she is out and about a little bit, since she's pooing around her chosen "area", but I'm not sure why she would suddenly stop using the wheel altogether. Anything suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Has anything changed? Is the temperature different, or are lights on in the room she's in longer during the night? How are her nails? Little things like that can keep them from using their wheel, or coming out to run around altogether.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
How is the angle of the wheel? If sloped down too much and they keep slipping they won't use it. For some, even having it sloped one night and they will think it's ever more like that. Try angling it a slight bit back so that it slopes in rather than out and see if that will work. It makes for a messier hedgie but if it gets her wheeling again.

Perhaps she has quit using the wheel as a potty. I've had that happen. Does the wheel still turn freely?

To see if she is using the wheel and how much, you can attach a speedometer to it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts