Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!
I'm from Denmark, so I'm sorry if my spelling and wording is awkward :oops:

I've got my hedgie for a few months now, and her cage is in a seperate room with the heat on.
But I would like a cheaper heating option and read about the ceramic heat emitter and I got some questions:

Do the bulb or what ever you call it fit in a normal lamp, or do I need a special one?
And can it cause fire hazard if I use Care fresh in her cage?
And is a thermostat the same as a thermometer?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Welcome to HHC :)
Thermostat and thermometer aren't the same. The thermometer tells you what the temperature in the cage is but the thermostat controls the temperature. You set the thermostat to a certain temperature and it will turn on when it needs to be heated and you double check and make sure its at the right temperature with the thermometer :)

The CHE should'nt be a fire hazard with carefresh bedding because the lamp is a good distance from the bedding. You'll just want to make sure to secure it so that it won't tip or fall and to make sure there isn't anything touching the CHE bulb. There is a special lamp that the bulb goes into, you'll want to check to make sure it says its for CHE. The lamp plugs into the thermostat and the thermostat plugs into the wall if I recall correctly.

Your English is great and was very easy for me to understand :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering :)
Now I just need to find a store in Denmark who actually sells it. It is also used for reptiles, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts