Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contracted ringworm on the two areas where i hold cloud, my stomach and my shoulder. I took him to the vet and he was teeming with it. just a heads up that it does happen. I have to shampoo him weekly for a while and rub some stuff on his belly and such. i'm working with antifungals to rid myself of the thing.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I hope you guys both get rid of them soon! And little Cloud gets to feeling much better!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That sucks. If you find out that the medicine is not working all that well something you could try (not advocating it or saying it works just that some believe it does) is Kinesiology (sp?) it involves muscle testing and frequency treatment. Doesn't hurt or anything. Anyway. It's just something I have learned about recently and thought I would mention since I do believe that certain types of ringworm can be treated with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again kelsey :)

let me clairfy one thing though. Ringworm doesnt seem to occur in healthy hedgehogs... just in the really REALLY sick ones. Cloud is going through a really rough and severe case of mites right now which is probably what lowered his immunity to the ringworm. Chances of your hedgie getting ringworm is very small.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thats good to know! I was alittle worried but I have healthy hedgies but I will still keep an eye out my kids come home with it sometimes from school.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts