Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I gave Pepper a much needed bath. As soon as I put him in the water, he started anointing like crazy! When I thought he was done I put some shampoo (Aveeno baby shampoo) on him and then he anointed again! He kept anointing for at least a couple minutes. I'm not sure if he was anointing from maybe a slightly different temperature of water (certainly not too hot though) or just the taste of the shampoo? I've used the same shampoo for a couple months and he hasn't done this any time before, So I'm not sure what started this. But if he did ingest some shampoo, will it be harmful to him? Since it's baby shampoo I'm assuming that it's non-toxic but you can never be too sure.

Thanks for replies in advance :)
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.