Hedgehog Central banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
My hedgie finally annointed (a LITTLE bit). I was wearing my boyfriend's sweatshirt, and it had the smell of cologne, and I was holding pepper. And he immediately started chewing on the sweatshirt sleeve and proceeded to spit on himself. It only lasted for like 5 seconds, but still cute! Also, last night, I had Pepper out and was cleaning his ball with a Clorox Disinfectant Wipe. It smells pretty good, so I let pepper have a sniff of it, and he just went nuts about it. He even tried to eat it, it was like playing tug of war with a dog :lol: Could this be toxic to him? The wipe wasn't very moist because they're not very new and most of the moisture has evaporated out of them, but they still smell good.

· Registered
106 Posts
Juni still hasn't annointed...I've tried everything! I'm kind of surprised because she's very curious and loves exploring, so I'd think she'd annoint all the time...but I guess not. I babysat a friend's hedgie and he annointed right away, though- with several things! Here's one of him starting to annoint (licking) the wheel:
IMO, he looks pretty scary! :)

· Registered
78 Posts
I was at a breeders house to see their new batch and to see if I would actually like a hedgehog. Its one thing to see a picture of them and say they look cool and cute its another to hold them and say they are so adorable! The one I held was a new born. He sniffed my hand (which was a bit sweaty since i was nervous, I didn't want to hurt him) and then started to lick and nibble my palm a little bit. He then rolled over a little bit and started licking his spines. It was nice to see him do that. After that visit I made the decision that I wanted a hedgehog and Ive bee waiting ever since.

I hope when I finally get my own that I bond with it well

· Registered
414 Posts
I was in the play area that's all set up for Quentin to play in, and I was just lying there watching him explore. He decided to come over and see if he could hide in my armpit, because I guess it was dark under there and he had an "oooh cave" moment. On the way under there, however, he noticed the smell of my deodorant through my shirt. He spent a few minutes licking and biting at my shirt, then proceeded to plop down and start covering himself in foam. He was at it for almost 5 minutes! I guess he really likes strawberry, because he really wanted to get at that scent. It was very cute. :)

· Registered
72 Posts
I've got a good one. I was laying on my couch holding Adrian and she was running around all over the place. She ran up to my face and smelt something as she ran by my mouth. She went over to my lips to investigate and then she started to lick the chap stick/lip balm from my lips. It was so funny she just kept licking until I realized she was probably going to bite my lip. Then she annoited all over herself. I really wished I had a camera on hand so I could've taken a pic of the moment! It was so cute! :D

· Registered
42 Posts
I know this thread is old, but it's fun and my little Arya started anointing with the paper towel that serves as her litter in her litter box this evening. It was clean as I had just rinsed out her box and replaced the litter, but she has never done that before with her paper towels. Not to mention she totally COVERED herself in paper pulp, it was nasty! So of course it was bath time and she became the most indignant hedgie to ever live. I swear that if she didn't need to drink water to live she probably wouldn't go near her bowl. =]

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.