Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my boyfriend's hedgie never got handled much, so he gets super puffy whenever I take him out to socialize. The other day when I had him out I noticed that he has dry skin pretty much all over. I read on another post that some people have used olive oil and a q-tip to help heal the dry skin. Now, this might work on my super lovey female, but Scrambles just isn't having any of it. When I tried he just pulls his quills in closer together. Also, he kind of sucks in whenever i touch him. I'm scared that this started awhile ago and maybe it hurts him to have someone touch him because his skin in so dry. I was thinking about trying an oatmeal soak tonight. anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! I'll try giving him a bath tonight when I get home from the store. I'll also pick up some flax seed oil. I don't think he has mites because he's not scratching at all. He just seems depressed, dry, and angry. I have him on my lap and he's just laying here with his head down, not hissing, poping or anything :( thank you for your help tho, I'll try out some stuff tonight!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I've been putting the flax seed oil in his food and I also gave him an oat meal bath. His skin doesn't seem to have gotten any better. I had him on the bed today and he left behind a lot of flaked off skin. could that be an indication of mites? If so, is there a possibility he could pass them on to me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.