Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... id=prod_cs

I've been using these bulbs (as far as I can remember) since I set up Lily's CHEs. They've always worked well for me, I can only recall replacing them once, maybe twice. I have two 150 watt bulbs and they do a decent job of heating my 3.5ft x 2.5ft C&C cage to 78-81 degrees (assisted by a space heater in my room and blankets to help hold in the heat). They're also the only heat emitters that I could find sold in a pet store near me.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I got a 150 watt All Living Things CHE at Petsmart. I used it for about 2 months and then it just stopped working. I double checked my thermostat and the dome, but it did turn out to be a defect with the CHE. I looked up reviews for this product (most of them on petsmart.com) and learned that people have issues with these CHEs due to a shoddy connection between the metal base and the ceramic bulb. I harassed Petsmart until they let me exchange it (they have a 60 day return policy, but eventually they gave in), but I won't be getting another CHE manufactured by this company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts