Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I thought my baby was an albino (he is 8 weeks old) but he has two banded quills near the front of his head. Is it possible for albinos to have this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
my baby peno has a few too..or just little specs of brown on one or two quills...she looks more yellow then white..even after a good bath..not sure whats up with that.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Your hedgie is not an albinoif it has any banded quills,here is what the color guide says;
Albinos lack any pigmentation and as such are not a true color or color pattern in the truest sense of the term, but for the sake of ease of understanding are included here to differentiate the Albino from the various colors.
The quills are all white with no banding.
The face and fur are white.
The skin is pink and the eyes are red.
The nose is pink.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Are you certain it's really banded quills and not just dirt? I've had a few albino babies that I thought had a random banded quill but it ended up being dirt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its a real band because when i was looking at it closer it fell out (quilling right now) and i got to examine it and there is a dark orange band on it.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you have his pedigree with the colors listed, that could help you figure out what color he likely is. He may be snowflake, white, pinto... also if he's an extremely light colored hedgie, it makes it that much more difficult to ID. :lol:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
From your sig he kinda looks like an apricot to me but Im in no way an expert on color and have a long long ways to go before I would have any confidence in saying so for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I don't really know his pedigree. He is from a breeder but they just acquired some new hediges from a fellow breeder getting out of the business and some of the babies mixed and the litter Jasper came from the father is unknown! haha he is a ******* child! There were three other babies that were supposedly albino and the other two in the litter were grey algerian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts