Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been a bit absent cause life's been a little crazy, but I'm still here!

Just wondering if I should be on alert?
Alaska barely ran last night (minimal poop, I was awake almost all night and didn't hear her more than twice), but ate way more food than she usually does. Her water intake was the same. I wasn't able to hold her yesterday, but other than that she's had 45+ a day. I also accidently cut the quick on one of her front toes on Saturday, (she got fed up with nail clipping at the very last toe and moved her foot right as I cut) and I put some flower on it and she was fine.
When I took her out tonight, she bit me right away. Then went on a mad annointing streak. I had just washed my hands with the same soap I always do, so it wasn't that. But she annointed seven or eight times within three minutes with everything near her. (My computer, my boyfriends sweatshirt, my moms wedding ring, my pinkie, my blanket, the keyboard and the couch. And then just sat there foaming for a while before laying back down.
Should I be on alert or is it just some I-missed-you-yesterday behavior?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sometimes Kashi will go crazy with anointing if I don't handle him for 2+ days. Maybe Alaska was going crazy with the anointing because she hadn't been handled in a while.

As for not running on the wheel, I'd keep an eye out. Kashi has his "off" days too where he won't run as much, but the next night he will run up a storm. So maybe just keep an eye out. Hopefully nothing's wrong ^_^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts