Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if theres a way to approximate the age of a young hedgie based on common growth spurt ages and size? i know adult hedgies can vary alot in size but do they vary as much when young? the pet stores "she could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months but probably about 3 months" is a rather dissatisfying age approximation so im just hoping for something a little less vague lol i dont know her exact weight when i got her but when balled up she was a little under 3 inches in diameter (including quills). in the first week she had a big growth spurt that tapered off to slow growth for the last couple weeks and she is now 212g is there any way to approximate age off this? oo and this time i think she actually is quilling because shes loosing little gimpy quills like crazy (w/ no actual balding beyond the already existing mite patches) not her big ones like the balding mites patches that are growing back already =) and shes grumpy (beyond the normal cute grumpy hedgie) and dosnt want me petting her quills which she absolutely loves normally

but anyways back to the main point...can anyone give something less vague than 6 weeks to 4 months based off this information?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
There is no way to tell. Babies range in all sizes and weights. The closest you are going to get is when she starts her final quilling, pick an age of 10-12 weeks and go with that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts