Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a week ago I adopted a 6 month old hedgehog named Pheobe. The previous owner warned me that it would take a little bit for her to warm up to me and get used to me but no luck at all yet. She goes into a ball and huffs everytime there's any noise around her at all or if she hears someone go close to her cage. I put one of my t-shirts in there so she can try and get used to my scent and she does like to sleep in it. I try to take her out and let her walk around/try and get used to me and her surroundings 1-2 times a day but it hasn't helped at all yet. Everytime I pick her up she freaks out, goes into a ball, shakes and huffs really loudly, it's really upsetting :(. Once I get her out of her cage it takes her awhile to come out of her ball and walk around and once she does she goes back in if you get too close to her so its hard for me to actually hold her and try to get her used to me. I try to feed her meal worms but she either won't come close enough to get them without getting too scared or she isn't interested. I don't really know what else to do to try and get her used to me but i'm worried she'll be like this forever.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.