Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently delivered several breeder retirees to Lori Keller who is a long time hedgehog rescue here in Ohio. One of the girls was on the smaller side. I was informed that she was one of the best mothers who always took good care of her little ones and always had large litters. She is a Algerian chocolate snowflake and the cataracts are very visible in her eyes. She is three and a half years old and has the absolute BEST temperament of any hedgehog I have ever seen. She never raised a quill. Her name is Hayana from Millermeade Farms. She would not sleep in her box for the ride and ended up curling up on my son in a hoodie of mine and slept after rooting and exploring in his lap. As soon as we arrived at Lori's home I took her out to show Lori what a good hedgie she was. Hayana decided to curl up on my cupped hands and go to sleep.[attachment=1:2vsjbrsy]Image000.jpg[/attachment:2vsjbrsy][attachment=0:2vsjbrsy]Image001.jpg[/attachment:2vsjbrsy]
Actually an Algerian chocolate snowflake butterfly pinto. She has almost perfect pinto areas on both sides with the majority of banded quills running down her mid-line.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Awwww, those pictures are ADORABLE. *dies of overwhelming cuteness* I would love to adopt a hedgie like that! (not that I can, but it'd be awesome!)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was sooooooo tempted to bring her home with me but due to her vision issues I thought it would be better to let Lori keep her and spoil her. Lori has informed me she will not be re-homed. She will live out her days with many other hedgies who are spoiled rotten. Lori takes care of their medical needs and has experience with vision challenged hedgies. So even though I was VERY tempted I knew she would be better off with the hedgies at Lori's. She has earned a happy and blissful retirement. Gail Dick of Millermeade Farms said she was one of her best moms and producers and hated to see her go. I hated to part with her after one day but she is in the hedgie retirement home that will cater to her every need and want.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
She is so lovely. Thank you for sharing the pictures! How grand to see that she has had such a wonderful life and will continue to do so.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
That's great Lori will take such good care of her. Such a sweet, beautiful girl definitely deserves all of the spoiling she can get!

·
Registered
508 Posts
she is so cute and tiny!! im glad she has a forever loveing home!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What a sweetheart! I'm so glad she'll have a happy retirement :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts