Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new here and I would like to post this to get some opinions about what is going on.
I have 3 pooping machines Sun, Moon(Albino) and Sky.

They are growing up in the same room but different palaces(hate the word cage, it's not a cage:') )

The past days were very hot days and I tried to ease the temperature with an fan(pointing the window not my babies) and an open window and it always work.

One day coming from work I heard my wife screaming to someone to get out and I rushed to get inside the apartment to see what happened, what I saw was my wife holding a cat and taking her outside of the apartment, so let's assume the cat climbed from the window and we both don't know how long it was there, we searched everything and we didn't find any evidence of the cat being inside their enclosures but we monitored the whole situation before we assume she really didn't harm our hedgies.
The point is that at the moment my albino hedgie, lady Moon, is pooping green soft gelly stools and our beautiful lady Sky is having a diarrhea (brown, like wet sand kind of ) and I'm trying to understand if this has anything to do with the cat coming in.
Sun our handsome fella has very normal big stools, the only thing he does is as always eating very very fast and running to his wheel resulting him to throw up(I was very alerted with this and took him twice to the exotic vet and both times his exams were okay and vet told me what is happening).
So can someone please share your thought on what might be happening because I'm losing my mind and the problem is that the vet is far away and I can't travel there now as my I'm an executive chef,my employees are on leave and we are understaffed and the only dates I can find some time to go is about at 10th of August.
Please someone give me some good knews 馃檹 their diet hasn't changed, Sky is already 25gr lower..

Registered
The point is that at the moment my albino hedgie, lady Moon, is pooping green soft gelly stools
If the stool is green there could be a lot of reasons such as stress, parasite overload, and intestinal infection. I have a feeling this could be stress, cause you mentioned you do not know how long the cat has been there or what the cat has been doing, whether the cat climbed into the enclosures or went close enough for Moon to sense that a cat is near and got stressed. Hopefully in a few days Moon's stool will go back to normal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the stool is green there could be a lot of reasons such as stress, parasite overload, and intestinal infection. I have a feeling this could be stress, cause you mentioned you do not know how long the cat has been there or what the cat has been doing, whether the cat climbed into the enclosures or went close enough for Moon to sense that a cat is near and got stressed. Hopefully in a few days Moon's stool will go back to normal.
Yes hopefully she is fine, Sky's stools came back to normal already, Moon's are not as green anymore but watery and she feeds and runs normally, she is down 30gr and yesterday and today start gaining a bit(6gr after poop)
I still will visit the vet the soonest possible, as Moon is a very unique hedgehog (she is blind and very very small) and needs a lot of attention.
I will post here once I have answers for the vet.
Thank you!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts