Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my hedge for 3 weeks now, and every night he has been making a ruckus. Just attacking the water bottle, crunching, and digging EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It was really annoying. But just for the last three or so nights, he has been TOTALLY silent. Should I be worried? It doesn't sound like he drinks or eats at night. Might he have a problem, or is it possible to just block out his noise when I'm sleeping?
P.S.- Also, he has never used his wheel at all. Is there any trick to getting him to do this? I don't want him to get fat! :eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, see, I can tell he is eating his kibbles because there will be significantly less kibbles in the bowl in the morning. As for water level, it doesn't change much. I can ALWAYS tell when he drinks, though, because he grips the water nozzle from the side and thrashes around. Then he tries to pull the little rolling ball out, and then he sneezes on it. It is his nightly routine. I havn't heard this for two nights, and the water level hasn't changed much.
As for the wheel: I've tried that. Either he just releives himself and tries to get off, or he tries to bite my hand.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! All those problems are solved. The reason Spiff wasn't drinking was because apparently he prefers warmer water to cold. :roll: (he is sooo weird.) And now he runs on the wheel. Every night. For hours at a time. Let me just tell you, the Silent Spinner is SO not silent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.