Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On November 7th, 2015 someone dropped their hedgehog off on my friend's porch. She gave him to me because I've been wanting one anyways. Long story short, his eye was proptosed. We didn't know why but knew it needed to come out. It had been that way for a while obviously and he had clearly lost his vision due to his previous owners not getting him vet care. He had surgery this morning to remove his eye. The vet said he's about 4-5 years old. I've fallen in love with him and this is his forever home. Just got a call from the vet that his surgery went well and he's waking up ok. BAD NEWS: There was some abnormal tissue behind his eye that was too closely ingrained in his healthy tissue. She couldn't remove it. She says it's most likely a tumor and that caused his eye to proptose. She said to watch him and if it opens back up or tissue starts growing then we know for sure it's cancer. I'm so incredibly heartbroken, can't stop crying and can't wait to pick him up from the vet and hold him forever. Anyways, his name is Scooter Von Pricklebottom and prayers or happy thoughts for him would be so very appreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awww poor baby. I hope that he is okay && Doesn't have cancer. My baby Penelope && I will pray for his cute little self && I'm glad that it sounds like he is in good hands.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh, i hope Scooter gets better and yo can snuggle w/ him forever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts