Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if hedgehogs liked being in water? I was watching videos on youtube and I came across one of a hedgehog being bathed and one of a hegdehog just swimming around in water and I was wondering whether or not they liked that because I'd like to inform this person if they're doing somehting wrong but I'm not sure if they are or not.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
It depends on the hedgehog. Many of them don't like water and hate their baths when they need them. There are some though, that enjoy swimming in water.

·
Administrator
3,605 Posts
Some do, some don't and yet others are terrified of water. It all depends on the hedgehog.

I've had a few that didn't seem to mind water, they just sat there and looked at me like, great now I'm wet. And others that were scared and would frantically try to get away from the water. They didn't even have to get wet, just the sound of running water in a nearby room and they would hide. And I've had 1 who loved to swim. She'd swim around in the sink for a while and when she was done head for my hand. If I tried to bath her without allowing her to swim she would get mad at me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Both of mine are in the "what are you doing to me?" category. They'll wander around trying to find a way out, but they aren't frantic or scared.

Jodi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts