Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard the snuffling, sniffing, and of course the huffing and clicking noises, but today when I was cleaning Fredrick's cage, I heard a completely new noise! I had set him on the carpet under his igloo in a clean piece of fleece (he was napping when I took him out of the cage, I was hoping he'd go back to sleep while I was busy cleaning), when I heard what sounded like bird's chirping! I picked up the igloo and the chirping stopped.

I picked up Fredrick and let him run around in the bottom of his empty cage, hoping the familiar space would calm him, but he started chirping again! It wasn't a scream or a scary sounding noise at all, I'm wondering if this was him singing?!

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love the chirping! Basil make an almost "wheedle wheedle wheedle" squeaking noise. It must be a haapy sound, because he never seems to be agitated...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CoxMD said:
I love the chirping! Basil make an almost "wheedle wheedle wheedle" squeaking noise. It must be a haapy sound, because he never seems to be agitated...
It didn't sound like he was agitated either, his quills were completely flat and his ears were up and he was snuffling and sniffing in the air. I'm glad it sounds like a happy noise for others too
!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
If its the noise I'm thinking of its something they do when they are very happy :) It's such a sweet sound and is capable of melting a heart in less then 10 seconds. Sounds like you have a happy hedgie :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hedgieonboard said:
If its the noise I'm thinking of its something they do when they are very happy :) It's such a sweet sound and is capable of melting a heart in less then 10 seconds. Sounds like you have a happy hedgie :)
Oh yay! I like to think hes singing, because he usually does it when there is no noise in my room and you can hear the birds chirping outside. Its almost like hes singing along with him. I'm happy he's finally getting over the fussy stage is being a happy little hog! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love that sound! Calypso is very curious, and usually when she makes that noise it meas she's found something new to play with. I had wondered about it too, because you don't see it described in many hedgehog information resources. They only tell you about the angry sounds :lol:

·
Registered
666 Posts
lol i was just asking about this the other day. jakob did it for the first time when he was in my lap looking at me after bath time. it's too cute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts